Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Here's the Truth

Today, as we still wait (pray, pray, pray, pray!) I was going to work and I was praying in the car, like I often do. Praying for God to give me patience. And BOOM, it hit me, God does not give us patience, He teaches us patience. What He does give is peace.

It is hard, Readers.

Here is the true confession: I feel like I can't express any hopes or dreams, doubts or concerns because there are so many unknowns. I feel like if I show a chink in my armor people will think that we are not committed. If I cry, that I am not excited.

So I smile and give chipper answers to the "When?" questions when I am asking the same thing myself.

"When, God?"

"How many more nights will my son sleep in an orphanage?

"When will I hold him?"

My mother heart aches for him.

Then I remember that all my kids have been overdue and I remember that all true Sponsellers are later than expected.  :D

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and p.s. The adoption hormones are the same as the pregnancy ones. Crying at Hallmark commercials and dandelions....

    ReplyDelete