Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Watch me!

Today Wyatt learned to ride his bike. I am proud to say that I helped him!

I have always been pretty laid back regarding my kids. I let them play outside without watching them every second. *gasp*

The thing is, they think that they are free as anything but we live in what amounts to a fishbowl. We have windows everywhere. So while they are outside, playing and playing, I am in the house, by the window folding laundry or eating bon bons. (I wish)

Normally the kids revel in their freedom, but today Wyatt kept calling me to watch him. He would say, "Someone needs to watch me, Mom." so I played outside with him and trailed along behind him for quite awhile. (Hence the bike riding accomplishment).

The fact is, I watch him all the time. He just doesn't always see me. 

Today our papers got submitted in Ukraine and I am so nervous about them being right and everything being ok. I just want affirmation. Right now.

Sometimes I feel like I am crying out to God, "See me! See what I am struggling with! See what I am doing!"

The awesome thing is that He always sees us. Whether He is letting us experiment with our freedom or whether He lets us feel Him right behind us, holding us steady, He is always watching. 

He is always delighting.

He is always loving.

And He couldn't love us more. It doesn't matter if we are really good at something or if we really blow it. He doesn't love us any more or any less. His love is perfect.

And now that I think about it that way, I think that is all the affirmation that I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment