Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tug of War

Today was a beautiful day. 

My kids spent the night with my sister and so I sat in church, kid-less. I won't lie that normally this would be a welcome occurrence, but today, while I was sitting in church, it made me feel lonely. I know that the time is approaching for our travel and I will be apart from them for around four weeks by the time all is said and done.

Our papers will be submitted this Wednesday, and providing that all is fine with them, we should hear in 3-4 weeks that we will be traveling in 3 weeks. Maybe more, maybe less (someone last month had their papers submitted and then heard a week later that they needed to be there in 3 days). Garth and I will go for a week(ish) and then come home for 2-3 weeks until court. Garth and I will go back for court, which is one day following which, Garth will go home and I will stay for 3 weeks (by myself!) and then bring home our boy!

I love my kids. All my kids. And what struck me today is that I am torn right now. I will not be with all of my children until we bring home our son. Until then there will be that tension.






No comments:

Post a Comment