Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Sponsellers and the Mystery of the Missing Dossier

Well, Readers, as you might have guessed from my cleverly worded, Nancy Drew-esque title, we have yet to have our dossier turn up.

(For all of you who are like "dossy-what:" a dossier is your life in paper form. Every legal document  is original and notarized. There were about 35 documents in our dossier before it was apostilled.)

I know what the problem is. We had 35 documents that were then apostilled (which involves attaching yet another piece of paper to each document) making a total of 70 documents to be mailed out. Those 70 documents got shoved into a manila envelope with $3.32 in postage on it. Needless to say, not enough postage. Now we can only hope that someone, somewhere will have mercy on our po' envelope.

Instead of wallowing in what Dr. Suess refers to as the "Waiting Place," we are forging ahead. Today I got the ball rolling to redo. I think I will be able to have it completed within a week with some running. I will take it down to Indianapolis this time instead of risking another "glitch."

Whereas I am not thrilled with this development, it is what it is. Thankfully we were far enough ahead that this does not set us back at all.

At least I am not getting stretch marks.

:D

2 comments:

  1. I hope someone finds and sends your envelope. You're so strong to keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh....this frustrates me to no end. So proud of your attitude here, and really hoping a miracle happens and it shows up.

    ReplyDelete