Monday, October 7, 2013

You've Got Your Problems, I've Got Mine

School is our Waterloo.

I mean, all these pieces are just falling into place crazy good when it comes to....well, ANYWHERE but school. 

I have a decent amount of frustration with the situation, but I am not one to spread tales via a platform that anyone in the world can see, because I understand we are all learning and so I will give them grace. Even though a tantrum might be more satisfying. 

One thing I have noticed about the professionals, they are quick to overlook what the experts have to say. I mean, you can go to school until you have enough initials after your name that it looks like the periodic table of elements and that makes you a professional, but you are not the expert on someone else's life and situation. They are. 

I can say that I am the expert on what Daniel is like, so when people who see one aspect of him throw theories around, it bugs me. Well, it more than bugs me, but I am trying to take the high road. 

And you know what I realized tonight? We all have a back story. Very few people have optimum circumstances. Everyone is screwed up about something. So back off. Back off the judgements. Back off the gossiping. Back off the prejudice. 

Back off my son. 

Because, let's be honest, he probably has a better reason for his behavior than you do. 

And he is moving on. Working through things. Living his life, like it was dealt. 

I kept him home today and it was bliss.

So there.

1 comment:

  1. Know all too well what you mean. We go through this with Cava. School has been one of the biggest challenges and often the biggest area of defeat. Praying things improve for you guys, too. Know you're not alone.

    ReplyDelete