Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Picture (or two) Worth a Thousand Words


Young women will dance and be happy,
    young men and old men will join in.
I’ll convert their weeping into laughter,
    lavishing comfort, invading their grief with joy.
Jeremiah 31:13 (The Message)


The picture on the left was taken at the medical center on July 29, 2013. The one on the right was taken today, October 22, 2013, at home. Twelve weeks between the two of them. Six thousand miles. A world of confidence. A cracking of the shell. A new child.

God knows that this was exactly what I needed to see today. To realize how far we have come. To count how short a time it has happened in. God opened my eyes to these pictures today to encourage me. To see that this matters. And even though I kind of choke on some of the adoption talk, I mean, who are we to redeem? I have always felt that was presumptuous, only God redeems. But you know what? God grants us the grace to partner with HIM in HIS work. Yes, even the work of redemption. And this, Dear Readers, THIS is the face of redemption. A redemption you are taking part in through your prayers and words of support and sense of humor.

May these pictures bless you today, like they have me.

1 comment: