Tuesday, September 3, 2013

To See and Be Seen

Things have begun settling into somewhat of a routine in the Sponseller home. I haven't posted as many updates as I would like, mostly because things are changing every day. Every time we have a good day it seems to eclipse every other good day that we have had. Meaning: things are getting better and better.

Over the last several days, the idea of the importance of being seen has been stirring in my mind.

How us seeing an image of Daniel, long before we met him, set events in motion that have eternal reach.


This was the first picture that I saw of Daniel. And, try as I might, I couldn't get him out of my mind. I told my other kids the story of the little boy in Ukraine. We prayed for him at night. There was just something about that face... Something that stuck with us.

Now, of course, Daniel is at home. With us. Asleep in the room above mine. In his fire truck pajamas.




Tonight when he was getting ready for bed I just looked at him and thought how precious he is. How he already is such a part of our entire family. 

Sure, sometimes he is a handful. No doubt. He is an eight year old boy. Enough said. 

And then I thought of all the other children I saw. Sasha, Katja, Anya, Peter, Andrew, Igor, Vika. Names. With worlds connected to them. Children who need love.

Oh, tonight they weigh on my heart.




What comforts me is knowing that God sees these children right now. As they slumber. As they play. As they dream. As they cry. And He is Father to them. And He is writing His name on their hearts.

And God sees you. Where you are.

I am reminded of the passage where Hagar is fleeing Sarah and Abraham with her son Ishmael. She is dying in the desert. And the scripture says that "God SAW her." He told her that things would be hard, but that He would bless her and that He would bless her son. He saw her.

And that made all the difference.

Maybe you can make all the difference to these children.  

Pray. Share pictures. 

See these children. Not as unwanted, but as treasures of the King.


No comments:

Post a Comment