Thursday, July 25, 2013

It's a Boy!

Well, it is officially official.

I have a paper saying that in May 2005 I had a baby in Donetsk, Ukraine and we named him Daniel Andrew Sponseller. History has been rewritten. 

When we went to get the birth certificate the woman began insisting that Garth should be here as well, to receive it. And where as I would love it if he were, our adoption budget cannot take that hit because of her unwillingness to look at a POA. Thankfully, our facilitator worked it all out. It is hard to sit in a chair and hear people arguing about you and your case and really have no idea what they are saying with the exception of a few words here and there. I just sat and prayed. 

Daniel (that is his new name) was a champ all though the ten hour long day which mostly consisted of him sitting in a car with a woman from the orphanage, waiting for us to come out of whatever government building we were in. 

The reward at the end of the day was his first restaurant outing, to McDonald's. I ate a McDonald's hamburger for the first time in probably two years. Daniel got a cheeseburger, of which he ate half and then offered the rest to me (which was so sweet, but I turned down). I see him many times wanting to share with others. Very sweet hearted. 

He did, however, polish off the fries or "sticks."


And now a tribute to my sweet little girl who is turning seven tomorrow. We had her birthday the Monday before I left and she was super excited to get to turn seven early, but this mama is missing her big time on the real day. Claire Marie Rose is my little insect loving, stray dog saving, mama snuggling fairy girl and I am so proud to call her mine. She has been one of the biggest supporters of our journey as a family, sacrificing her tooth fairy money and any spare change she can find to the "adoption box." She has considered growing up to be a veterinarian, a pet store owner, a beautician or working at A Tal da Pizza in São Paulo Brazil. Her one request for her birthday (besides "real glass slippers") was a ukulele. 


Mommy loves you, Bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment