Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Whispers

Today was interesting. I was checking my checking account this morning and...gulp. We are fine, don't get me wrong, but when I think of the magnitude of what we are embarking on, it sometimes seems really insurmountable and frankly intimidating.

We just decided to do this mid-January and things have just been flying into place! 


I am in a Bible study at church right now on Revelation. The challenge from week to week has been to journal the things that the Spirit reveals to you on a day to day basis.


Anyhow, back to the story; I was praying about the finances and bemoaning some of the things we may have to curtail for right now (vacation, anyone?). About 20 minutes later the Spirit whispered to my heart, "you think you are giving up a lot? Look what I gave up to come for you." 


What wouldn't you give up to bring your child home? What didn't God give up to bring us home?


*Sniff*sniff* This whole process has been making me soupy. 


The love that I can have for a child that I have never held. The spot that has grown in my heart for him, such that when I am praying for my children, I pray for him; I calculate the seven hour time difference and think about what he might be doing at this moment. Wanting a family, but having no idea that one is coming for him. I ask God, the Father, to keep him warm, to wrap him in His arms of comfort, to protect his heart and his optimism. The optimism that makes D go up to visitors at his orphanage to ask if they have come for him. I can't wait to travel nearly 6,000 miles and say, "Yes."







3 comments:

  1. Love this. And I know exactly how you feel. It's a roller coaster of emotions, isn't it? There are so many parallels to our adoption of a child and God's adoption of us, and I love how He whispers confirmation to us over and over again that we're doing the right thing - the thing He called us to - and that He will provide everything we need to make it happen. Our God is so amazing! Praying for you and your sweet boy today, and can't wait to see more of God's perfect plan for you unfold! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am keeping all of you, D included, in my daily prayers. May God guide you all the way. Adoption is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you think you're soupy now, just wait until D walks into the director's office and you actually see his face after all this hard work and planning. When our two walked in, I almost lost it. For 8 months all we had were pictures and snippets of information and now, here they were. I could touch them, smell them, talk to them. It was one of the best moments of my life. Even though they didn't know we were coming until the day before we met them, it seems as if they almost did, in some way, know. I'm sure D can feel your love, even 6,000 miles away.
    xx

    ReplyDelete