Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Exhausted thoughts from an expectant mother filling out grant applications

Last night Garth was asking me how I felt "about this adoption thing." I had to tell him that honestly, it is a lot like pregnancy! The excitement, the trepidation, the exhaustion...I mean, staying up until 2 am working on grant applications is pretty fatiguing!

The downside: I have no explanation or excuse for the fact that chocolate has been my obsession. I don't get the good parking spots.

The upside: I don't gain a ton of weight that I have to account for on a bi-weekly basis, carefully weighing which jeans are the most scale friendly. I can see my toes. I can eat without producing sound effects. I won't have to stock up on diapers.

Wow! Far more ups than downs!


A friend of mine commented on a picture that I had posted to Facebook. She said that it reminded her of an ultrasound picture. When I thought about it, I agreed; it is a picture that signifies the hopes and dreams of our family.






No comments:

Post a Comment