Monday, March 17, 2014

Because I'm Happy Happy

The last couple of "Daniel related" posts have kind of veered off into the sadness that is a part of adoption. But, lest you think I am becoming maudlin, let me assure you that we are all happy. And that those sad vignettes are more than outweighed by wonderful things.

Here are some of the wonderful things about today:

  • Today Daniel had more time added into his school day. That meant that I didn't pick him up until 2:30. I explained to him what was going to be happening. I told him that I would pick him up later, but that I would NEVER forget him, or not come; it would just be later. I also explained to him that even when I am not with him, I am thinking about him and loving him and hoping that he has a good day. And it worked! He had a great day! Clipped up on the behavior chart! I asked him if he felt anxious when I didn't come at the normal time and he laughed and said "No!" Yippee!
  • Tonight was McTeacher night at McDonalds and since Garth is working late, I took all the kids over, citing Daniel's school success as the impetus. While we were there, Daniel was so proud to introduce his family. "Dees ees my leetle brodder Vyatt." "Dees ess my Grace." "Dees ees my Claire." Seriously cute stuff, people. I am going to be bummed if he loses his accent. 
  • Tonight he has been walking around singing "Because I'm happy, happy, happy." Over. And. Over. To himself. Love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment