Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Things We Do For Love

We are preparing to travel. 

I don't have the suit case out yet, but it will be soon. I laugh to think about how I used to bemoan the fact that my suitcases were better travelled than I. 

I have a growing pile of things to take with me. Things that people have requested be brought or requested me to take. Socks and underwear. Tooth brushes and tooth paste. Beanie babies.


We will leave Fort Wayne on June 15 at 8:42 am on United to Chicago. We will have a layover and then depart to Germany. Frankfurt to be precise. (I think that I will have to eat a hot dog there!) and from Frankfurt to Kyiv. We will arrive in Kyiv at 1:15 pm local time, which is 6:15 am EST.

We have made arrangements to stay with a missionary in Kyiv for the two nights that we will be there before we travel to our region.

That is next week. (gulp)

It struck me on Wednesday that in two weeks that I would meet my new son. Even typing this gives me a fluttery feeling. I am so excited. 

The journey will be long. We will come back after this first meeting and wait for court and then it will be back to Ukraine. Garth for 2-3 days, me for 3 weeks. I will probably miss sweet Claire's seventh birthday. That makes me sad. I have talked with her about this and she is all about having an early birthday. I told her that I would let her turn 7 a few weeks early. Hopefully to her it will be an adventure whereas to me there is an element of heartbreak. 

Right now please pray for reasonable travel fares, for safe transportation, for quick court dates and for resolve and peace for us. And for rest. It seems like whenever we are going to take a moment of quiet something else comes up. 

Whereas I STILL do not have stretch marks I believe that all of this travel will cause me to wear my braces longer. Awesome. Hence the title of this blog.

The things we do for love.

1 comment:

  1. beyond thrilled!! Praying for you all and can't wait for you and your sweet son to meet. Literally!! lots of hugs and love and prayers coming from Uganda! xxx

    ReplyDelete