Sunday, June 9, 2013

I Know Who Goes Before Me

Today in church we were singing a song that I have heard many times before. The God of Angel Armies.

There is a line that says, "I know Who goes before me, I know Who stands behind, the God of angel armies is always by my side."

These next coming weeks we are facing many unknowns. 

What will it be like? 

What will HE be like?

I always have wanted to KNOW. What. When. Why. My poor mother, whenever the phone would ring when I was a child, I was right on her, "Who is it?" When I was fifteen and in the hospital and the nurse was removing a surgical drain and said she would remove it on the count of three, "One, two" RIP! My arm felt like it was turned inside out. I was SO MAD! I felt like it wouldn't have hurt so much if she would have just done what she said. I could have been ready!

Today when we were singing that song I realized that I DON'T KNOW what is ahead, but I do know WHO is ahead of me. 

And that is the peace that passes understanding.

1 comment:

  1. Love that song! Praying for you guys and the wonderful, amazing journey your family's undertaking.

    ReplyDelete