Sunday, June 30, 2013

For Such A Time As This

Right now I am sitting in a lawn chair at the top of my driveway. Overlooking our grass that is just beginning to go a little brown, a cement driveway chipped by the salt off our vehicles. Hearing birds twitter and wind chimes dance on the gentle breeze that is stirring my hair.

Garth is working on a freebie pressure washer and so there is a hint of gasoline in the air along with an occasional huff of frustration from my never-can-sit-still man.

And I am realizing that I am Esther. Sitting within the palace gates.

For such a time as this.

All around the world and in our community there are so many needs. And if you are reading this, you CAN do something about it!

Because God is going to deliver. He is Almighty Deliverer. And we have such an amazing opportunity to partner WITH Him!

We don't need to be wealthy to give. Giving makes us wealthy.

An abundant life is one that is filled with the ebb and flow of blessings coming from and to open hands.

People complain about the economy. Driving by and seeing another store shut down and there the conversation starts all over.

I want to live an abundant life. One that is characterized by sharing and contentedness.

No comments:

Post a Comment