Monday, May 13, 2013

Plant Something

Yesterday we were working in the flowerbeds.

Garth and I are quite the team and we have enjoyed doing those projects since we have been married. I remember being pregnant with Grace, working by the glow of the headlights.

I know a lot of people who don't want to plant anything. They move into a house and rip it all out. They say that they don't want the maintenance.

Plant or don't plant. There is still going to be maintenance. It's up to you what you want to maintain.

Our preacher, when we were growing up, had an illustration,
"If you have a field and you plant nothing, what grows?"
I remember the first time I heard the question and my thought was, "Nothing! Nothing grows!"

Wrong.

Weeds grow.

Our flower beds are wonderful. To me they inspire imagination and fuel life.




We have tons of varieties of plants, a constant bloom cycle and VERY FEW weeds. We are to a point where we do very little "maintenance," the good things in our gardens choke the bad things out. 

Every other year or so we divide the plants and share them with friends.

We need to live our lives like that!

Let the good choke out the bad, share what is good and live gratefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment