Thursday, August 27, 2015

Fight

So. 

This happened.


This was not an accident or a "boys-will-be-boys" type of moment.

This was bullying.

A you-bugged-me-so-I-am-going-to-rip-these-off-your-face-and-break-them-ha-ha moment. And oh by the way, I am going to wrap my little hands around your neck and squeeze.

Now, I know that Daniel can be a button pusher. I just really hope he learns to not do that anymore.

I am really sad and angry. Daniel said he felt the same way.

I was proud that he didn't fight back. 

Until I heard that he is going to have consequences for fighting because of his "provoking."

Daggum.

Now I am struggling. We have worked and taught Daniel to be gentle. To not fight. To not punch. Now I am kind of regretting it. 

One of my favorite aspects of who Daniel is is the ferocity. The stubborn loyalty. The fight. The boldness.

This brought out my mama bear in a whole new way.

I pray for wisdom and backbone. This isn't Daniel's fight alone. Even if he was in anyway wrong, he is MY CHILD and this was NOT OK.

And the. next. time. this happens, Daniel has my full support to own his crazy and SMASH.



No comments:

Post a Comment