Sunday, February 16, 2014

READ THIS BOOK!

I read a book today.

It was very thought provoking and powerful.

It was called Infinitely More and was by Alex Krutov.

The book is about Alex's experience growing up in a Russian orphanage and about how God pursued him all along. It was so beautiful.

The entire book is absolutely worth the read but one of my favorite passages was this:
"Often in life I ask the Lord to comfort my heart and give me peace regarding my biological mom. I pray to be healed of bitterness, regardless of the pain that abandonment has caused me. I try to imagine what it would be like to meet her after all these years. Over the years I have begun to have a measure of peace that I so desperately pray for. I try to imagine her circumstances, her fears, her inadequacies that led her to discard me. I try at some level to have compassion for her, but the anger and the hurt and the devastation take aim at any ounce of compassion I can muster. One thing I do know, however: If it were not for her, I would never have been born to be so blessed by God." -Infinitely More p. 138.
I cannot stress enough what an fantastic read that this was.

I finished the book with a greater depth of compassion for Daniel and increased appreciation for how amazingly well he has adapted.

UPDATE: It has come to my attention that this book is sold out on Amazon. I have communicated with Alex and he sent me this direct link to the publisher to order.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Someone gave this to me right before we hosted V. A very good read.

    ReplyDelete