Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My Symphony

This year. Wow. What an amazing year!

A year that redefined our family and priorities. A year that brought so much joy that sometimes my breath was taken away. A year that brought so much unknown that sometimes I could barely draw my next breath. Thank God that He gives me breath and peace. And His promise.

A year of paperwork, travel, new perspectives, delicious hours spent blobbing on the couch as a family.

I wouldn't do even one thing differently.

And now for my favorite poem / resolution for the New Year:

To live content with small means;
To seek elegance rather than luxury,
and refinement rather than fashion;
To be worthy, not respectable;
and wealthy, not rich;
To study hard,
think quietly, 
talk gently, 
act frankly;
To listen to stars and birds,
To babes and sages, with open heart,
to bear all cheerfully,
do all bravely,
await occasions, 
hurry never.
...To let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious,
grow up through the common.
This is to be my symphony.

-Wm. Henry Channing

Cheers, my friends! May 2014 bring even more adventure and love. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you and your wonderful family! Look forward to reading your blog throughout 2014

    ReplyDelete